Starting and Running a Training Business
There's a huge amount of material on training delivery, training and instructional design, and so forth, but it's hard to find help and advice on how to start and successfully run a training and learning related business. In this section we'll provide you with information, hints, advice and methodologies related to all aspects of the business side of training.
You may want to check out the Issues In The Training Industry section, since understanding the industry will help you be more successful with your training business or consultancy.
Starting A Training Business
Here are some things to consider when thinking about starting your own training and seminar business. These are quite basic, but one has to start somewhere.
- What Qualifications Do I Need To Start A Training Business?
- Do I Need Formal Credentials To Run a Training Business?
- What Are The First Things I Need To Do To Start A Training Business?
- What Skills Do I Need?
- Should I Be A Generalist or Operate In a Niche?
- How Does Franchising Work In The Training World?
- Should I Consider Purchasing A Training Franchise?
Fees and Getting Paid For Training
- Should I charge by the hour, the session, or participant?
- How do I set my actual fees for training?
- Should I have a variable fee schedule for different clients?
- Should I do freebies for marketing?
- Is there a worst way of setting fees?
Marketing Your Training Business
Is The Marketing of Training The Same As Selling Training?